Sunday, April 24, 2011

30 on Sunday with 28k @ 5.14

It's been a long while since I ran 30k on Sunday (yes I also an 30k on Friday).

You could say I am ramping up the distance. I would like to run a couple of good times later in the year and so the hard work needs to be done now. I am also taking advantage of the long Easter/Anzac break.

Yesterday in the morning I strained my back and I was uncomfortable with it all day and sleeping. I almost didn't run but I decided to give it a go. The first few k's were agony but then the Deep Heat and pain killer kicked in and it was less of a bother for the rest of the run.

I have a loop and then two laps of the Bay and over and back on the Iron Cove Bridge that get me to just over 28k and then I back off with a slow jog home to cool down making just on 30k. The last 2k don't count for timing. After completing just over 12k over hills I did 2 laps of the Bay at 5.01 and 4.54 pace. Nice solid finish.

1 comment:

Johnny Dark said...

Coming together nicely Ray.