Saturday, September 04, 2010

One lap in 50.25. !!!

I was out in midmorning on a Saturday. It felt weird as I never run at that time let alone on a Saturday but I did. All too complicated to explain why

It was overcast with drizzle and a breeze. So there were not many out and so it seemed like early morning. I felt in a good mood and ready to push a lap to the max. It certainly felt like that and as I got to the first point where I sometimes check my time I wondered if the time would be quick or whether I was just labouring after yesterday. A quick peek and it was about a minute faster that the fastest that I have run before.

I just wanted to hold that for the last 20 odd minutes to the finish but that has ALL of the hills and pushing hard up the early ones can put a lot of lactate in the muscles without much time to clear it. I just kept pushing on wishing for the finish.

Yes it was 50.25 and much quicker than the PB a few days ago of 52.10. As I have said training is not for racing but in the early part of a serious build up stage not just maintenance then there should be natural improvement.

1 comment:

TokyoRacer said...

Quite a PB! That's a good sign....