Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lap of the Bay +

It was a very cool and ugly grey around the Bay this morning. Full cloud cover and an icy wind. Maybe the tail end of the weather from Hobart where they are suppoed to reach no more than 10c and snow high up. The water was very choppy and I guess it would have been unpleasant for the rowers out training. I say that having never been rowing.

This morning JD and I ran together for the first time in 4/5 months. Things just got in the way of our regular Wednesday morning 'hot lap' of the Bay. Whey is is that when I run across Iron Cove Bridge to meet up 6 minute k's seem almost impossible. I arrive we have the usual chat I say look 'I had a tough session yesterday so lets say 5.00/5.15k's for the 7 k lap'. That agreed then we push out a 4.10 first k and then freak out, ease pack to 4.30's and finish just under 32.00. That seems to happen all the time.

Anyway we both agree we run a faster lap running together compared to alone. It always to good middle of the week session. I then did some stretching at the waters edge and then a 25 minute hard push over all the hills to home.

A tiring 18k or so and I feel it now.

No comments: