Thursday, September 02, 2010

Just one lap: 52.10 and a PB

I don't run training runs as races against previous time but sometimes you have to agree with yourself before you start a session you will push it. So despite a long session yesterday I felt like a hard session and planned to give it all I had. That was an effort based and the time was not that relevant but I expected it should be close to my best.

Also if you are like me building a base you expect that at the start as the fitness improves quickly that times will also improve. It is only when you have reached a peak that racing in training might not be a good idea.

The weather was very different from yesterday. It was grey dull and light rain. The temperature was pleasant. Pushed hard all the way for a PB by 40 seconds. I am sure as my fitness improves over the next month the times will come down and then it will be a matter of maintaining the pace and PB's will be few and far between. But when that happens then it may indicate I might have to alter the training sessions to get any further improvement.

No comments: