Sunday, September 26, 2010

Back into training: 2 x loops 1.59.27

It was around this time last year that I kind of lost the plot as regards training. I eased off and suffered being time out at GNW in November. At the time I thought I was training well and appropriately but looking back I just did not push in training. I will not do that this year.

I still have a few more marathons to run before GNW but as much as I can I need to up the training distance and intensity. I cannot fall into the trap of thinking 'recovery' and do an easy run. Most training runs have to be to the max - at this stage with only about 7 weeks to go the hard/easy theory just will not cut it. I have been injury free (apart from the continuing Achilles issues but they are gradually becoming less of an issue) and have accordingly built up a good base so it is time to consolidate on that with the training form now to GNW.

Having not trained much in two weeks it was back into 2 loops totally about 21k. Each loop was about the same time and I just got in under 2 hours. About 9 minutes slower than the PB run on 3 September.

No comments: