Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Start of Summer & start of rebuild

I have a certain personality and so it makes absolute sense to me to start my rebuild on the 1st of the month and the start of summer. It fits nicely into my organised way of thinking.

I have done some reflecting and now need to move on from 2009 and not to be concerned with what could have been. But also make sure that the things that I could change and improve on from 2009 are not forgotten. I need to remove all the negatives from the year and the disappointment of a DNS in C2K and be positive and focus on the future and the things that need to be done to to recover.

I have developed a plan of what needs to be done. I am determined to take my time, get it right and put the Achilles issues behind me.

Today was more stretching before running. It was then a test run to gauge my fitness so that I have a benchmark to compare as the recovery progresses. So it was 5k at the Bay as firm as I could go without pushing - well 32.15 is for me an ugly time but I am pleased to have an injury that at least allows me to run in the recovery phase. Also weighed myself for the first time in 4/5 months and a considerable amount of work needs to be done there.

1 comment:

Jon in Tokyo said...

Good Luck.Looking forward to watching your progress.