Monday, November 30, 2009

DNS for C2K

I guess I always knew that starting the C2K 240l run in 10 days was not likely after the issues in GNW. However I have been putting off making the final decision. I knew what the sensible decision was and that it would need to be made soon to be fair tot the crew etc.

So on Sunday morning I went for my usual 14k loop and gave a great deal of thought to making the decision and I guess hoping I would run pain free and strong. The run was neither pain free or strong and near the end was an ugly shuffle that I was trying to make look smooth but anyone looking at he pain racked face would have known the truth.

I wasn't really shattered just disappointed that after finally committing this race and having a great crew and running buddy I had to withdraw. Anyway the decision was made and then I got in touch with all involved and then tried to look to what needs to be done to get this body back into shape for 2010.

I need a mark as to where I am at and where this rebuilt journey starts. A lap of the Bay at a steady pace within the pain threshold to not damage the Achilles resulted in 46 minutes. At this time 34 should be firm but manageable. Lets hope the improvement come sooner rather than later but I am committed to a steady recovery on a daily basis to get rid of this issue for ever if that is at all possible.

3 comments:

Hamburglar said...

Feel your pain Eagle. Fingers crossed for next year.

Gadfly said...

Eagle, I have felt very somber the last couple of nights reading your updates...but I know you have not made your decision lightly. I am sure that you will address your injury and recovery with as much determination as every one of your 100 + marathons and other races. You will be back for C2K and we will all look forward to seeing you there. In the meantime, I look forward to seeing you on the bay - you will always be way faster than me, but always a source of wisdom and a friendly chat! Take care,

Johnny Dark said...

Looking forward to linking up for our Wednesday morning training runs again soon Ray.