Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bridges Run : 2.17.58 @ 6.23 (22k)

Isn't encouraging when you are returning after an injury to see the times get quicker so often without what seems like no greater effort. Or maybe on the first one I was just lazy. It is amazing how quickly the body can respond to the training stress and rest when you start off from a low base of fitness.

Anyway it is good to knock another 7 minutes off the time run 2 days ago. This will not last but that is fine as I add another 5k on later in the week and will expect the pace to slow down again. As I said that's fine as at the moment this is all about recovery and building a base so that I can run each week 130k without difficulty. I hope that will become possible by mid February. I will leave my racing to when it counts.

1 comment:

TokyoRacer said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Glad to see your "comeback" is progressing well. Hope your achilles is not bothering you anymore.