Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last day of the Year 2009

Continued on my way with alternate days between my Bridges runs. If you have forgotten it is 22k long and with about 950m rise and fall. That may not sound much but I can tell you there are some serious hills in the run and so anything like a descent flat course pace is impossible. I have been doing it because it is a good distance and the hills should build a little strength in the Achilles.

They by the way are responding well to the build up in distance and seem to be improving to the extent that on the start sometimes there is minimal pain and it does not get much worse as the run progresses. In addition the pain is no longer sharp and intense but more a dull ache. I assume that means they are on the mend.


Anyway the Bridges run in 2.14.30 and I was pleased to get under 2.15 and for the moment will be happy with that PB in this recovery period. I now need not speed (if that is what 6.06 pace is) but more distance/endurance. That will be the focus in the next 5/6 weeks.


I had a phone conversation with Malcolm Anderson (we had exchanged a few emails in the previous few day). Why mention it? Well he interviewed me for this book :

http://www.experiencebooks.ca/100clubdetails.html
I am still not sure how he found me but he had read this Blogg and some other stuff.

And then in the afternoon went for an easy run around the Bay at sunset with a beautiful coll breeze. Then headed off down the end of the peninsular at Balmain to watch the fireworks around Sydney Harbour.

No comments: