Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year

I wanted to run 2 Bridges runs on consecutive days. To start the New Year off on a positive note today was going to be it. It was not about getting a time close to 2.15 like yesterday but about making it around and testing the Achilles as that would make it 52k of running in 24 hours. That is a huge effort considering where I was a month ago.

I made it in 2.27, the Achilles held out but the last 7k were a struggle. I was pleased with not only getting around but managed a half descent time as well. Over all in the month of recovery I am very pleased with the progress with no niggles to the Achilles all positive moving forward.

There is a CR 5/10k run around the Bay this evening and I may go to it as a very slow recovery

I am off to Tasmania tomorrow morning for a week of touring with teh family and then on the 10th January the Hobart Marathon. It is not anymore than a slow run to make the distance. No pressure and I do hope that if all goes well on the day to be no slower that 4.30. It will be marathon 109 and I have only had 5 over 4 hours but with my present fitness I know under 4 willnot be possible but I accept that in the circumstances.

4 comments:

Samurai Running said...

That's the "Cadbury Marathon" right Eagle? You should expect to slip in under 4 hours there, well if you are "a glass and a half full" kind of person ;)

Have a great holiday.

Jen said...

Enjoy your trip to Tassie, the time with your family & the experience of running yet another marathon. My best wishes to you & your family for 2010!

x

Ewen said...

Ray, Tassie sounds good this time of the year. At least you won't be like the person who ran the "glass and a half marathon" thinking it was a half marathon ;)

Congrats on the book interview - 100 marathons is something to be proud of. Wishing you fewer injuries in 2010!

Superflake said...

Happy New Year. See you in Tassie mate. Doing the half now instead of the Full.