Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Maintenace of 21k @ 6.30

Just trying to maintain the fitness base by running steady. The pace is way off where I would like to be but I know patience is what is needed and soon 6 minute ks on a recovery run will come easily. Soon I hope.
As Lydiard discusses - at the start of the base building and trying to get to 160k a week the pace is not important but getting the time on your feet is important. The pace must not be a slow jog but firm. However firm is not related to any partiular pace but a feeling that related to your present fitness level.
So at the moment it is a matter of grinding out each day even though I am already fatigued by the increased k's. But I have done this before and hopefully in a couple of weeks it will all become a little less difficult.

No comments: