Tuesday, December 08, 2009

2 x Bay : 42.44 + 42.10

Yes the Bay in 42 ++ and I am pleased. This time last year JD and I could do 3 laps in about 100 minutes. How things have changed and it shows just how much work I need to do.

At the moment the running is about balancing a lot of things. Not too hard or long to do damage to the Achilles but pushing enough so that there is improvement. An easy 7k each day will result in an improvement but it will take for ever. I do not want to be in a rush and push too hard and go backwards but I need to push up near the limits (as slow as they are) as much as I can.

About a week ago one lap was a hard push in 47 - so fitness does improve rather quickly. Today the laps were without a rest in between and it was pleasing to come back on the second lap a bit quicker but then again I controlled the first lap so that I could do that.

1 comment:

Johnny Dark said...

I thought I detected a bit more spring in your step when we passed this morning Ray.

JD