Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Day

I was up too late to do the run around the Bay. It is always difficult because we entertain my wife's family for Christmas Eve lunch that always extends late into the night. So I always look forward to the run on Christmas morning to ... well feel better from the over indulgence of the day before.

Anyway I knew the family would sleep late and so I could go long. I also felt I need to get started on some longer runs to increase the endurance base. So it was a 22k loop around Sydney Harbour that I call my bridges run. Because it goes over a lot of bridges in the loop from home, Gladesville, Harbour Bridge and Anzac Bridge.

I haven't done this for a while and did the shortened version by cutting out a loop around Lady Macquarie's Chair and the Rocks. Yes too much information. It has a lot of up hill in the first 11k and I thought it was about time to test the Achilles.

Anyway an ugly slow 2.30.58 @ 6.51. I expect the only good thing about run is that they should get quicker.

No comments: