Thursday, December 10, 2009

2 x Bay : 39.44 + 39.30

I have decided that my clock/countdown will be for the Macleay River Marathon in June. This is one of my favourite marathons and so I will focus on that and have removed Canberra Marathon because I think it will not happen.

I will run a couple of marathon before Macleay River in June but they will not be focused on.

I thought with a day off I might run a bit quicker even without pushing. Despite saying running at the moment is about training it is difficult not to run hard even in training. So I was pleased to get under 40 for each lap and sitting here some hours after training I am not sure the Achilles appreciated the effort this morning.

With regular running my time initially will come down quickly but I must keep reminding myself that at this time it is all about recovery and not about pushing to my present physical limits in each session. That can happen when the recovery is complete. The Achilles are a long way from ceasing to be an issue but I think they are getting better - although I hope that is not just wishful thinking.

3 comments:

Johnny Dark said...

I've also had thoughts of Macleay River or possibly Gold Coast should Canberra fall by the wayside.

Gadfly said...

So glad to hear you are running stronger....although it leaves my chances of running somewhere close you - out the window!

Hope the improve continues, and Macleay River sounds like a good option.

sook54 said...

Macleay River is also my target mara for my first. Would love to talk it over with you sometime.