Sunday, December 20, 2009

SMC : Half Marathon

All my recovery training has been no longer than 14k and no faster than 5.30 pace. Therefore I was not sure what would happen past 14k but expected a massive slow down.

I had 2 options start out at 2.15 finishing time pace or start out at 5.30 per k pace and see what happened past 14k. I thought either option would have me finish over 2 hours and probably close to 2.15.


I decided after the first k or so to run at 5.30k's to 14k and then see what I could do. I got to 15k still on 5.30 pace and then hung onto the strider lady who I had been following all race. She increased the pace and to my surprise I was able to do the same. Ran the last 6k at 5.15 pace for a 1.54.45 finish and 5.26 average. Much slower than usual but still pleased.


Not sure if however it is good enough to get under 4 hours at the Hobart Marathon in a few weeks. But I should be closer to the better side of 4.30 which is better than I expected a few weeks ago

No comments: