Monday, December 07, 2009

8k in 47.44 @5.58

I felt okay this morning - which means no worse than usual despite the 16k yesterday. I have been running a bit to HR but It is more a guide than something I push to.
Anyway I ran to a HR which was firm but able to be maintained. The pace was a consequence of the HR being maintained. So I was watching the HR and not the pace and was not sure what the loop time would be but I expected that it should be slower than yesterday just because today might be classed as a recovery day.
It clearly was no a recovery day by the pace. I need to watch the attitude that to run the loop each day quicker is good. It is not good as I need to get a pace and then consolidate it by running that pace for a week or so and then moving to a quicker pace. It cannot and should not be a race for a PB each day, that is not training it is racing. At the moment it is about training.

2 comments:

Johnny Dark said...

I like the approach you're taking with this Ray.

Anth Courtney said...

Ray, I'm with Johnny Dark. Keep up the good work and the slow and steady improvement/approach.