Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The last week

Friday: 11 December: No run

Saturday: 12 December: No run

Sunday: 13 December: 2 x Bay - 39.27 & 39.20
No improvement from a few days ago but that was for 2 reasons - I was not trying to go quicker and I was out a bit later and it was very humid. In fact it has been cool out early around the Bay but very humid. It could be summarised solid workout consolidating the previous training.

Monday: 14 December: 2 x Bay - 40.58 & 42.46
This is the first time in the recovery mode that I have run 2 loops of the Bay on consecutive day. I was expecting it to be slow but the idea was to run on tired legs. It was again humid. each morning I do about 20 minutes of Achilles stretches and at least 30 minutes of a night. I am not sure if there is any improvement. I still cannot walk without significant pain, discomfort and a hobble. I am amazed I can run at all.

Tuesday: 15 December: 1 x Bay 37.45 @ 5.23
A session for a shorter but faster session. I was pleased with the solid time. Well really for a lap of the Bay it is crapp but in the context of recovery it is encouraging that the slower longer sessions are able to also bring down the single lap time without any short repeat sessions.

Wednesday: 16 December:
2 Bay 38.54 & 38.33
The stretching continues at night and for the first time last night one particularly stretch that is held for 15 minutes caused almost no pain while holding it whereas usually there is significant pain when doing it. In the morning there was less limping before warming up and I hope that is a positive sign that there is at last improvement.

With that confident start I felt encouraged to push each lap with a recovery PB.

No comments: