Sunday, March 13, 2005

5.1 : Long Long Run : 32K : 2.27.11

Last very long run before Canberra. I have run this about once a month over the last four months and was hoping this would be a PB as it should have been at this stage of the preparation but with yesterdays solid effort I was not sure. It is the same run as I do usually on a Sunday and sometimes on a Wednsday with about 6 odd k put in in the middle so for the first 1 hour 20 I nkow the run very well. Ran to that point just on the usual pace and hen managed to finsh strongly again.

I ran it on 6 February which was a PB and managed today to take 2:00 off it so was very pleased. It was a large amount as well - could not have come at a better time in the prepartion. That is - it has happened when it should have - on the last long run of the prepartion phase and it confirms that I am now probably in my best condition as regards endurance. As a comparision I thought I was running well on 23 January when I ran it in 2:35.40 - so an 8 1/2 minute improvement.

110 ks for the week although it felt like I had done very little running. I am sure the taper is going to be very very difficult and whilst a lot of runners are looking forward to it I know that to radically reduce the ks and not be tempted to do long intense runs is not easy at all. I might look forward to the rest but resisiting the temptation not to train long and hard after so many months is extremely difficult.

No comments: