Wednesday, March 16, 2005

4.5 : 14.5k : 59:19

My usual run - again back under 60 minutes after a few at about 61. I was fatigued al the way at a various spots where I take my splits I was determined to call it a day but somehow managed to push past each one and suprisingly I was gaining on my PB splits despite the horible mental run I was having. Stuck it out to the end and was just 25 srconds off my PB and fastes since the PB in late Janaury.

I looked at my log from last year and 7 days out from Canberra I ran it in 61.13 which at that time was the PB - 4 days before I ran it also in a then PB of 62.12 - so during the taper the speed was coming in big chunks - three weeks before that the PB was at 65.07 - so almost 4 minutes off in 4 weeks but that wont happen this year - but still pleasing to have been below last years PB for some months. Slight sorness in the right groin - the first sign of the unwilling body for 6 months - so no run Thursday.

2 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

Sounds like you are on track for a better time than last year..

Just curious and wondering about the numbering system you have there, the 4.1, 4.2 4.3 etc I assum that .2 is day 2 of the week, but what does the 4 stand for? 4 weeks?

All the best with the last few weeks of training for the Canberra Marathon!

Unknown said...

Ray, 4mins is a huge chunk to take off! That's so exciting, but do be careful now...first sign of an 'unwilling body' in 6 months...says a lot for how wisely you train. LL