Tuesday, February 15, 2005

8.6 : 3 x 3k and not easy

Back to speed work after very little in the past 5/6 weeks. I thought with all of the endurance work done over the last 5/6 weeks I may have held my speed or perhaps marginally increased it but today showed that was not the case. Splits of 11:21, 11:30 & 11:23 - they were a bit slower than I expected and each one felt very hard. Pleased to have not slowed in the third repeat. One positive is that in 2002 when I did the same session at about the same time of prepartion for the Canberra marathon I was running them in 12:30 which at the time I thought was okay and then I ran a sub 3 and I believe I have better endurance at the moment compared with 2002.

No doubt I have a bit of speed work to do to challeneg eith my 5 or 20k PB's. Will concentrate on speed this week as a taper to SMC 25k on Sunday.

1 comment:

Horrie said...

Maybe a bit slower than what you were aiming at Ray but once again very consistent pacing. Great effort considering all the kms you've been doing over the past month. I'm sure the speed will come with the taper.