Thursday, February 24, 2005

7.4 : Bay run 28:40 + 4 x 800

Felt tired in the legs and was not going to train because I knew it would be more dissapointing then rewarding but went anyway. Ran the Bay run (I think 6.9k) in 4:09 pace would have liked a minutes faster to 4:00 pcae - PB about 5 weeks ago 27:58 - so my PB on my training runs are now slipping back into the past instead of the present. Maybe they will come back in the taper but at the moment the times are giving me hell and causing serious thoughts about if I have got my training right. Hoping they will come back in the taper is fine but if they don't then I will just have to live with the fact that perhaps I got the program.

I need a PB to regain some confidence so that in some way it confirms that what I am doing is moving me to higher levels of fitness not stagnating or worse going backwards.

The did 4 x 800 - each about 2:55 which is in accordance with what I expected - not spectatular but at least all comfortably under the magic 3 minutes.

1 comment:

Clairie said...

RayJames, you've been through this so many times now. I'm sure you will know what is best. Sounds like you just have hit a plateau - which Pat tells us to expect after some big weeks of effort.
The taper will freshen you up.

Oh by the way - what is the 7.6,7.5,7.4 etc for on your entries? Is this a countdown???