Sunday, February 06, 2005

10.1: Long Run : 31.6k : 2.29.07

Same long run as done 2 weeks ago on that wet wet Sunday. Was not sure what to expect this morning in regard to time as this is the 6th day straight training and no recovery runs included (didn't do the Wenesday afternoon Striders Marathon Group 15k on Wednesday) and all of the highest intensity for the type of session being run.

At half way was 3 minutes up on previous time and then finished six and half minutes faster. Average pace down to 4:42 per k per minute - last run 4:54 pace a decrease of 12 seconds per k. I am sure the last time was affected by the heavy run on that morning.

To say the least I was amazed at the time for today and thr reduction in 2 weeks and at the end of the week that was. As well as amazed I am pleased with the current progress of the training but will not get too excited until I do the same run next week and see how the time compares.

Total k's fpr the week right on schedule at 125. This has remained steady for the last five weeks but I have now started to increae the intesity of the sessions as I do not think I need to increase my base k's but do need to start working up the effort and speed in each session. Intend to hold the k's for about another 5 weeks - then slightly decrease them but then significantly increase the intensity with a lot of shorter speed work for 3 weeks and then a 2 week taper which further decreased the k's but continues to increase the intensity of the speed work..

No comments: