Friday, February 04, 2005

10.3 : Bay Run + 5 x 800

After yesterday I was not sure if I would follow my adjusted program - I was going to run the Striders 10k on Saturday but can't. If I was running today would have been an east day but as I am not running decided to do this session which I do not do weekly. Around the Bay - 7ks in 27.58 which is an equal PB - then 5 x 800 all between 2:56 - 2:58 (about 3:40 - 3:42 per k pace). I ran this session about a month ago with a rest day before and ran the same time for the Bay and the repeats were 2/3 seconds faster - the rest would have meant the faster speed also I have not been doing any short fast speed for over a month so the slower speed is expected. Speed sessions will come back into the program in about 4 weeks which should then see the 800's drop below 2:50.

No comments: