Thursday, September 27, 2012

Usual 14k loop near and around the Bay

It is clear I am not tapering for this or any of the next 2 marathons. I have 3 marathons in the next 3 weekends. I have no objective other than to run each hard but even paced and to run each without any taper.

I just want to stress the body as much as I can and run fatigued. All in preparation for the 2 big ones in November and December.

Plan for Lap of the Lake on Saturday. Even splits of about 1.52/1.53 for as close to 3.45 as possible but running on very fatigued legs that might be a challenge on the second half. 

Today the usual 14k loop than is around the Bay but rarely on it as it includes as many hills as can be found and there are enough. I have been running it most of this year a couple of times a week and up until July I was not able to get under 70 minutes. The last 4 since last week have all been under 70 with Tuesday and today 68.xx. I am very happy with that however as I said I will start the marathon very fatigued but that is fine I am doing what I am doing with those long events later in the year.

No comments: