Thursday, September 06, 2012

5k & 1k

A session in between Monday and the Bay yesterday. So the time should fit in if all is going to plan.

Last week I ran the 5k around the Bay on 22.15 or so ... today 21.30 @ 4.18 - exactly where it should be. Just a 1k in 4.08. Not a session that was pushing any boundaries but a confirmation of where I am at. I could have done 3 x 1k but at this stage I just don't want an injury and really the extra 2 might have been mentally good, would not have done much for the fitness and had a high risk of injury.

Or am I just overly worried. Maybe ... I have been injury free since April and the last 10 days has pushed the limits. I am satisfied with were I am and do not want to get greedy and push beyond the limit. 

A run tomorrow around the Bay and then I am off to Townsville on a mid morning flight. The family is visiting my eldest son who as part of his uni studies is doing some research on soils and the natural improvement of them with the use of chemicals. I will be back late Monday. I am not sure what running I will do but a few days rest might be fine and then some fine tuning early next week. 

No comments: