Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Bay run as usual: 29.56 !!!!! @ 4.20

How nice is it to start the warm up run across Iron Cove Bridge with the sun almost up. The moon was high and three quarters. The pool was busy with all lanes filled with those brave soles in the water. The weather is getting warmer daily but not that warm.

JD was a no show having a rest day after what I heard was a great hill session yesterday. Rach was there and it was agreed each would run there own lap. Always more difficult to run well alone. Anyway I had no expectations but was going to run it hard. 

I rarely look at my watch as I run and prefer to pace myself on feel. Today no peek until the end. Surprise surprise under 30 minutes.Getting under 30 is always a good benchmark and a good idea of fitness. Nice to do it again. It has been a while but then again I have not been doing the right training to get close except in the last week. 

I was not expecting that today and thought if there was a chance it would be next Wednesday. 

If I have plan it is all going to plan. 

1 comment:

Johnny Dark said...

Congrats on the sub-30 this morning Ray. Pointing the way to a quicker marathon very soon.