Monday, May 07, 2007

Update

Not much to report since the Brisbane marathon on the 22 April. I recovered well and quickly and resumed running within a few days.

My next run will be the Herald Half on the 20th May but that has no significance for me and I have no aim but to just cruise around and enjoy the day. I have not done and training aimed at it and do not intend to. I do have a bit of a focus on the McLeay River Marathon on the 10 June and the week after I will run PMC but may help someone for the whole run.

So my training at the moment is based on significantly increasing my k's and really not doing any short speed work like I was doing for Canberra. On reflection I consider I was a little conservative in my training for Canberra in that I did not do as many long Sunday runs as I should have - I was trying not to peak too early. So my second half at Canberra slowed because of that lack of distance.

I am now putting that distance in my legs and hopefully with about a week of speed work before the marathon I may see a more even time split. The running has all been at the 4.45/5.00 range. Last week I clicked over 122k and had no problems.

2 comments:

Samurai Running said...

I'll be following your build up with interest Eagle. All the best with it.

Ewen said...

Brisbane was pretty good so close to Canberra Ray.

122k is some serious mileage - you should go well off that.

I hope we get to catch up next weekend. Will probably be having an earliesh dinner Saturday night in the city with Norma. If you're interested, let her know.