Friday, May 25, 2007

2 x LKL : 61.53 + 56.24 = 1.58.17

A late night out for a College of Law function and so I was not sure if I would run but I did and what a suprise.

I have been on the Lydiard theory since the Brisbane marathon - that is a lot of distance at a firm pace and nothing else. The idea is to endlessly build a base. I have been waiting for something to happen to say it is working.

The half on Sunday was an indication that somethin was happeneing. Today was confirmation that something may indeed have occurred. I have not been below 61 minutes for this 13k lap and so to blow that time off the map was just what I needed to confirm what I am doing at the moment is working.

Despite starting off with some aches and stiffness they soon went and then it was just a matter of getting faster and faster and feeling more and more comfortable. That second lap just flew by with such ease - it felt wonderful. I will have an inner sense of satisfaction for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Clairie said...

And so you should be satisfied!!! That is a great achievement Ray. Very proud of you mate and congrats for totally bashing your best time. Its a good feeling isn't it?