Sunday, May 27, 2007

SMC : 25k : 1.47.04 @ 4.16 pace

I thought I would run about 4.45 pace because that's how I thought I would feel and that's how fast I thought I could run considering the training I have been doing in the last few weeks and in particular this week.. It was super cold at the start with a thick fog but the fog soon lifted and after a short while it was very pleasant running conditions.

Started at 4.45 pace but it just felt too slow. I moved up to a good pace that I thought I could hold and was surprised to run through the first 5k in 20.30. I then eased off slightly and maintained the pace except for some slight slowing in the hills. Managed the last 5k split in 20.30.

Couldn't be happier with the run after a 142k week including the 25k. The pace is 3 hour marathon pace on no taper and some significant hills. The Kempsey marathon being flat may tempt me to go out at 3 hour pace and hope.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very impressive hope i can even finish a marathon

Tesso said...

Looking very good there Ray. Can't wait to hear how you attack Kempsey, as you know its the sort of course you can run a great time on.

Jen said...

No need to hope Ray. Looking forward to reading about your return to sub-3 territory. I will be thinking of you - and sending you a telepathic 'Go HRH...' :-)

Ewen said...

Very nice Ray. You might as well hang with 4:15s at Kempsey. Give yourself the 'Eagle taper' and you should fly :)