Thursday, December 01, 2005

First day of Summer!!!: GNW again

Last night I went for a remedial massage by the person that AK attends. It was the most painful experince I have had but he said it was for the long good but the short term experince of deep massage was very uncomfortable. I was convinced by his sales talk and book in for another session in 2 weeks.

Was not sure how my muscles would react this morning and so I thought I would run as to how I felt however I did want to do the GNW run again as it is strenuous but slow. Ran to the start with the option of turning back but felt okay and ran it again. It was so pleasant in the bush with the pink sunrise at 5.30am highlighting the pink sandstone and the pinkish bark of some of the gum trees. It was just a beatiful way to start the day and a way to remember the start of summer.

All up 18/19k in about 2.06 which was a bit faster tha Sunday but hell whose counting and also I didn't get lost this time. Bring on summer!!!

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Ray, I know exactly how you feel about the massage - I had my first real one last week and talk about pain! And like you I was convinced to go back for more suffering.

Mister G said...

What's all this trail running, Ray? Now you can appreciate the power of the Dark Side....

Gnscon said...

Your talk of the GNW being just over the other side of Gladesville bridge intrigued me. As I'm training for 6ft I decided to go and see if I could find the GNW. I ran there as part of sunday's long yesterday. Quite nice really.

Ended up with a sore bum. I guess I don't use my glutes that much in the normal road running.

I'll be going back there when I get a bit more endurance in the legs.