Saturday, December 17, 2005

Another Bush Run: 20K : 2.45

After doing the usual early Saturday morning fruit and veg shopping at the markets I managed to get time away for a longish bush run. Again along the GNW but this time starting at Buffalo Creek Park and traveling 10k to De Burghs bridge - some slow and tough rock hopping near the end. Started of in the pouring rain and it eased as the run went on - was vey slippery on the way back with 4 falls but without any injuries except a grazed knee and plenty of mud. Out in 1.30 and back in 1.15 - I suppose I moved faster on the way back because I knew what was coming or I had gotten into a rock hoping rhythm. At the start of this week I wanted to increase the intensity and distance. Intensity was lifted slightly in the longer runs to about 4.50 and the diatance covered this week was 130k up from 10k last week. Will hold distance and pace for the next 2 weeks before considering another increase. Not sure whether either will occur with the holidays but I do have more time which might result in more ks.

I am hoping that on about 27/28 December to have a GNW run along about 60/75k of the Trailwalker course from Hunters Hill - should take 10/12 hours depending on how far I will travel. Will be done being totally self sufficient.

No comments: