Sunday, December 04, 2005

Central Coast Half

Pacing duties with AK - not sure who was more nervous - her in maintaining the pace or me being able to set a steady pace. I may have missed judged the initial pace we went out 4/5 seconds a k too fast - in the end by 16k we both knew it was borderline if we would get under 1.40. To her credit AK kept her focus and determination and in the end ran 1.40.16 - a minute plus PB but not under the 1.40. It will come and soon. Great pleasure to run all the way with her and by pacing her I am making sure I do not do any fast running when not fully recovered from GNW.
So thannks AK for helping me with a wise recovery plan.

2 comments:

Spud said...

Wise thinking Ray sticking to the recovery plan, don't wanna prolong your recovery with unecessary speedwork just yet.

Unknown said...

Ray, thanks for comments on my blog re 6ft track. I'm sure you'd have a great run if you were to enter for it next year. I think you should & you would do a good time for sure; it'll certainly be an experience you'll never forget! Hope you decide to do it. Even without racing it, it has been one of the biggest highlights in my life.