Monday, August 12, 2013

Tan Marathon: 3.51.36

Not what I expected. Was I being unreasonable to expect run in the high 3.30's. Maybe.
 
11 laps of the Tan with 11 runs up Anderson Hill might have slowed me down. The lap is about 3.9k and I was managing a few steps under 20 minutes for the first 5 laps and then I developed a learnt to the left and then the battle began to just run a straight line. The lean has not happened since C2K in December last year.
 
Perhaps I am/was more fatigued than I thought. It could be a sign.
 
The weather was just perfect after a 7 degree start at 9.00 am but after a few laps it soon warmed up and it was perfect running conditions to the end. The laps were not boring as the Tan was open and so there was a lot of other runners, walkers etc to keep it interesting.  
 
Wagga marathon next weekend. I have agreed to run with a friend and I suspect something just under 5 hours maybe 4.45. It will be nice to be run a steady pace in this one and enjoy the pleasure of running.

No comments: