Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My usual 19k loop and a nice run

I don't handle the taper too well. If it is too long I know from experience I don't run as well as I could on race day. So for me it is always a hard decision of when to ease off and for a 100 miler that should be earlier rather than later. Still ...... I ran again this morning and felt just great.
 
A few hundred metres in and all feel great .. you are moving quickly ... it is not hurting at all and in fact you are holding back ... you suspect it might just be one of those magic runs where it doesn't feel hard and the time will be quick.
 
I ticked all of those boxes this morning. Last Friday I was under 1.40 for the first time. This morning it was about a minute quicker .... felt easier but it should not have happened with the marathon from Sunday still in my legs.
 
The taper will start soon but not this week ... over the weekend. I think i might give myself a fathers day present and either not run or go very short. 

No comments: