Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday TT for a PB

Probably my last hard training run before GH.

I did not run yesterday as part of the taper so i hoped to be fresh and intended to push the run. It is my usual hilly about 19k loop around the Bay. The PB's for this run have been coming along in the last few weeks with the last one on Tuesday with a time of about 1.38 @ 5.13 pace.

As usual I had my Garmin but rarely look at it during the run. I was less than a third of the way into the run and I was struggling and thought either the day off didn't do me any good or I was running quick. A glance at the Garmin and I was at 4.55 pace that was off the dial. I thought I had blown it but was determined to just keep pushing. Was tempted to cut the run short and be happy with a shorter quick run but that was defeat.

Short story. Completed the loop for a 1.33 @ 4.58. Couldn't ask for a better result for a TT after almost 3 months of injury free running and training. I am ready as I will ever be for this one.

For my friend plant power is working well.

No comments: