Thursday, August 22, 2013

An update late in the week

It has been a great few days of running. After the marathon on Sunday I would normally only start running on Wednesday but I had an offer to run the Bay for Tuesday morning. Great friend and so could not and would not accept.

Sydney was very cold on Tuesday morning compared to the last week. Also the wind was up a bit and the Bay was far from mirror smooth, it was very angry. Another friend and he daughter joined us and the lap went by at a very conversational pace with no watch to be seen. Finished the lap and another was offered and so we were off chatting, running easy and just enjoying the pleasure of being fit and able to cruise along without a significant effort. I think the 16 easy k's made the rest of the week much easier. 

So Wednesday saw me out for my very usual 19k loop. It felt like an effort to maintain the pace. I was not looking at my watch at all and was surprised it was at 5.35. No wonder it felt tough.

Thursday morning, some indecision about whether to run not because I was fatigues, far from it, more I don't want an over use niggle. Runners are risk takes - yeah so I went. I felt great and as soon as I started running it fell smooth and I thought I might have a good session. So no peeping at the Garmin this session was all about feel and it was feeling easy. It should have felt much tougher with the quickest I have ever run this loop and about 7 minutes faster that yesterday with less effort. It just happens some days. 

Despite the risk of an injury the plan is again to run the 19k again tomorrow and easy back to 14 on Saturday. I will be again starting the marathon with no taper and so it could be a shocker. I do plan to go flat out but that might mean 4 hours.

After this marathon it is 12 days to GH. There will be some easy running in those  days so that I am fully tapered.

No comments: