Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Nice morning run for a recovery and just because I can

Spring by the calender is almost with us and this morning pre dawn it it felt like it had arrived. It was a beautiful morning around the Bay. I feel great and despite being in taper mode I could not resist a run. I put the Garmin on because of habit and did not look at it for the 14k cruise along my usual short loop.
 
It was too easy to finish with a 5.30 per k pace that would have been impossible a couple of days after a marathon.
 
The Mudgee marathon results have been posted. It was nice to win my age category but when you are the only one in it that is not much of a win BUT with 53 finishers and to come 10th overall was much more pleasing when you are the oldest in the field by at least 4 years.
 
I haven't counted but it looks like an equal number of male and female finishes. At about 17k you go down and back up a hill and so for the only time in the race you see those close around you. I had been 'chicked' by 5 females all coming up the hill as i was going down. Now nothing against female runners but it did give me something to consider - I managed in the run to the finish to 'unchick' myself with the 5 of them finishing within 4 minutes behind me. It was a great time had by all of us in the second half.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ray,

Nice to hear you don't mind being 'chicked'.
Great run by you and a wonderful time in Mudgee.
Countdown is now on.... let's do this !!

K:)