Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Enough of the memories except ….


C2K being kindly treated at 200k by Roger (a member of Jane Trumper's crew). As Jane and her crew caught me they notices I had  some  extreme  lower back pain so they stopped. Well the crew stopped Jane continues and they gas me what road side help they could. Embodies the spirit of runners in ultra's in general and in particular this race which is unique in Australia because how you and the other runners are crews. A treasured moment and memory.


Nobody looks good at midnight on the top of Mt Kozzi after 42 hours or so of running or at least relentlessly moving forward. I think I remember being there. One way to hallucinate without drugs. 


My crew the year I finished. All woman and all CR's. In events like this it is the quality of the crewing and the dedication of the crew to their runner makes it possible for the whole team to get a finish and bag a hat and pin the next day at breakfast.





No comments: