Friday, July 18, 2014

Hunter Valley Winery Marathon : pre race thoughts

At this time of the year it is a case of ... another Sunday and another marathon.
 
This Sunday it is located in the Hunter Valley about 90 minutes drive from Sydney and in the fabulous wine area. This year for the first time my wife will be travelling with me and again for the first time I will overnight in the area. So a drive up on Saturday morning and a visit to some wineries and lunch during the day. There is a boutique cheese make in the area and we will fit a visit into that as well.
 
Sunday the marathon and then maybe another winery visit before returning home. I do not drink any more but I have no issue in visiting wineries and my wife sampling some wines. That part of my life is well behind me and being around wine etc is not an issue.
 
This week I have trained well running Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with Friday off,
 
The marathon. It will be my 6th at the Hunter and my best is 3.40 in 2010 and my slowest 3.52. So I have a small range of finishing times. How I would like to run a PB for this course. Crash and burn is a possibility but that race plan will be 3.35 starting pace and see how I hold on.
 
 

No comments: