Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Usual Wednesday : Bay 31.30 @ 4.30

It felt chilly on the warm up and on the run over the Iron Cove Bridge to where I meet JD and the Professor. However on the way to work they said it was the coldest Sydney morning ( June ?) in 61 years.

We didn't chat as usual. It was straight into the run with Proff leading out and setting the perfect pace for a 30.30 finish however I could not keep up and very quickly lost contact that was never going to be made up. I was hoping as a mental boast to go close to 30 but after hard session yesterday that was going to be hard and it is supposed to be a taper.

I never looked at my watch on the way around and just figured that as I was going as quickly as I could the time would take care of itself. It was 30 seconds slower that last week and I was hoping to go quicker but ....

Maybe I should now focus on the taper for the next few days.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Best of luck for the weekend Ray!