Friday, June 11, 2010

12k @ 4.55 pace

A nice cool and crisp morning around the Bay. There was a prediction of a cold front this morning but I don't think it arrived. I hope to run about 4.55 pace for as along as I can on Sunday so it was nice to just run and get the feel of that rhythm - for 12k it felt easy but it won't be that way Sunday.

My race plan for Sunday is not smart and will not get me a good time but races are not all about a great time. Sometimes you have to throw that away for some other more important reason. Running with JD fits that perfectly. Whatever the result I will be happy because I have no expectation about a time just about sharing part of the run with my mate. If that happens then I have achieved what I set out to do. The time is rather incidental.

No comments: