Tuesday, June 22, 2010

2 x 3k & 1 x 5k again

With no run yesterday I was hopeful of getting under 4.40 pace for each repeat. Rather a big improvement over 3 days but I thought it was possible because Tuesday was not flat out but not far from it and I was prepared today to push near to the limit but always with a bit in reserve mainly to avoid and injury.

3k @ 4.37
3k @ 4.35
5k @ 4.38

A pleasing result. I am not sure if these sessions will have much of an impact on GC Marathon but they are a pleasant change from the longer slower stuff.

I will do a quick lap of the Bay on Wednesday. Then a couple of 12k loops at just under 5 minute pace as the 'easy' days. On Saturday I might do the 5k Challenge and try and get close to 4.30 pace
.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Good session Ray. Hope you have a good race at Gold Coast.