Friday, June 18, 2010

Back into it - yeah!!: 58.27

I feel positive and ready to attack the second half the year with all I can both physically and mentally. Today was really the start of some quick sessions in preparation for the Gold Coast Marathon.

I ran my little 12k loop that I have not done for 6 weeks or so. I last ran it about on the 26 April in the lead up to the Canberra when it was 55.23 and today 58.27. I knew it was going to hurt but I was happy with that.

Still a bit of time to take off but I am confident I will be close to 55.23 on the Friday before GC. The next 2 weeks will be all about speed but speed sessions for a marathons - sessions like 2 x 5k and 3 x 3k with the shorter ones being close to 4.30's with the other days being 15/18ks at 5 minutes pace

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Nice going Ray - that's getting back there! Looking forward to cheering you on at the GC.