Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tempo 5k + MP 10k - well almost

Same session as Tuesday last week but I thought I was not fully recovered from Sunday so I had my doubts about completing it. In the warm up the weather felt okay but by the end of the 5k I was drenched in sweat and not felling comfortable.
Managed the 5k in 19.55 - the same as last week.
Started on the run but by now I felt humidity and the k's were clicking over at 4.20 not 4.10's. I struggled to the end of the 5k in 21.45 and decided that the next 5k would get slower and no benefit would be achieved from that and the risk of an injury was increased so I was happy to go off and do some stretching.
No doubt the slow down was caused by not being fully recovered from Sunday.

1 comment:

Rob said...

The body has a way of telling us..listening to it is not always easy.