Saturday, March 03, 2007

10k at MP : 41.55

With a light day yesterday I had the option of no run to 10k at Marathon pace.

I woke up feeling okay so decided on the 10k MP run. This was 4.15 per k pace. I have been running shorter faster and longer slower but I now need to consolidate with some MP runs and then slowly increase the distance as the marathon approaches

Today was the first session for this training. Being fatigued during the week I was not sure what I could manage. It was 5.30am when I started and so it was impossible to see my watch so I set the watch to beep when I was not in the 4.00 - 4.15 range. It seemed to take a long while to get it to stop beeping.

Managed the first 5k in 20.45 and the return in 21.10. Pace would have been 42.30 so mission accomplished. Next Sunday I plan to do 2 x 10k at MP with a 5 minute break in between. There is no reason to do this session again as it can be done and nothing is achieved by doing it again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you've well and truly shaken off that mid-week fatigue Ray.

JD

Ewen said...

Good work Ray. The 2x10k will be an interesting test. It has me curious about how much the 5 minute recovery assists the 2nd 10k.