Thursday, March 01, 2007

Fatigued day

Went out early thinking in the warm up - I am fatigued and I am sure I will cause an injury and regret not following my instinct and heading back home. However I pressed on with the session. The slow times indicated I was fatigued and I was relieved to return home with no injury.
I need to just level out the intensity for a week or so or something may give.
The session was to be 3 x 3k and hopefully times like last week. But the splits went backwards at 11.36 + 11.45 - I then had serious doubts about doing another and so settled for 2k in 7.50. A ho hum day!!
I did look at my training diary from last year and on the same day last year I did 2 x 3k at 12.36 + 12.16 and was pleased. So.... I guess I should be very pleased from that comparison.

1 comment:

Clairie said...

Isn't it great when you run crap and then you find that it is much better than a previous effort - even if you are comparing to last year.

I think I am in the same boat as you - very fatigued. But then again I am at the peak end of my mileage so wouldn't expect anything less.

Hope you start to freshen up soon and reap the benefits of all your great training.

Keep up the good work.