Monday, August 22, 2005

Great day : Bay plusand no pain !!

Was not certain if I would run this moning - having decided I may run I was not sure what type of session to do. First step get out of bed and move around and see how the calf feels - felt good so decided a run was on. Next question what to do - decided that a good paced 5k would give me and idea if I was on the way to recovery (stretching out) and the time would guide me as to how much speed I had lost in this recovery period.

Ran the Bay with canal including the 5k course. Thought just below 25 would be fine. Surprised myself by running firm but comfortably for 23:36. Ran freely and no pain, discomfort or tightness - even more surprising becase yesterday was the longest run for three weeks.

I now feel as if the injury maybe on the mend but some more cautious training is needed to consolidate the present position.

No comments: