Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Bay + 5k : 21.36

There is no overall structure to my training at the moment. It is really determined on how I feel the previous days session went in regard to aggravating the injury. So there is no weekly/monthly plan. However the main focus at the moment is to get to the start line of the Sydney Marathon with the injury as recovered as much as possible as well as being fit enough to run a respectable time. So the training , with just over two weeks out is now focused on some gradual increase in speed - no long runs will help me now.
So the runs will be up to 15/20k, slow and some faster shorter stuff.
Today it was around the Bay with the canal loop added so that the 5k challenge course could be run. Had no expectation except maybe to be around 23 minutes - so with running how I felt not to the watch I times the k splits but never looked at the watch until the end. Ran firm but not flat out but firm was fine. Surprised at the time and pleased with the k splits which I will bore you with : 4.28, 4.26, 4.14, 4.14 and 4.03. Clearly started off conservatory and then somehow got warmed up. Rest tomorrow.

No comments: