Monday, December 06, 2004

Sunday 5 December : Central Coast Half : 85.06

Seems like an age ago the Jindabyne Marathon was run but it was only 2 weeks - seems much longer ago or I have recovered well quickly. Was not sure of the timeI would run but thought some where around 4 min ks was possible - finished with 4.02 minute ks. Please with the time as I have not run a half that fast for for about 2 years.

No longer need to hold the peak. My present fitness level (and being injury free) puts me in the best position I have been for some years to start some base training for Canberra at a level I usually only reach by mid late January.

The base training will incorporate speed work at 400, 800 & 1 ks - tempo intervals at 2 x 3km and variations, medium long runs and long runs. After holding the peak for a while I do feel fresh but will review the base program in 2 weeks to see if it needs an adjustment.

No comments: