Monday, December 20, 2004

17.1 : Sunday 19 December : SMC Half : 87.12

Ran 87.12 and to say the least was very very disspointed with the time. Notwithstanding the heat and the resent training I thought under 85 was possible. However I will just put it down to a blip and will not alter my training as it is still a long way to go to Canberra.

Started off at 4.00 minute per km (which was the plan) and was spot on target running through 10km in 40.05 - it was here that Vat_Man cruised past me - struggled in the next 5km with 21.55 - got some back in the next 5km with 20.45 - through 20km in 4.08 pace and finished with 4.08 pace.

The Canberra aim is 4.15 k pace so for the moment I am below that but for the half I should be well below that pace.Will put the blip down to the heat and humidity and that it was at the end of 2 weeks into a 4 week training cycle that has included more short speed than endurance work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ray, be kind to yourself! That was still a super fast run! Looks like you're getting it together for Canberra, well in advance. LL